Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
SUNY Old Westbury Library, Old Westbury, NY 11658
Call us: (516) 876-3150 or Text us: (516) 279-5084
Electronic Resource Librarian
Links to related documents
Alma/Primo has been selected as the replacement for Aleph. Both systems were developed by ExLibris. As of the beginning of September 2017, the contract language between ExLibris and SUNY has been finalized. Now the contract goes to the NYS attorney general and Comptroller for approval.
- This final approval process is expected to take at least 3 months.
- The vanguard (testing) phase will begin in March of 2018.
- The term of the contract is 5 years with two 5 year renewals.
- The cost is expected to be equivalent to the cost of Aleph and IDS.
I will be our institutional contact with the migration team so you can send any questions, comments, or concerns to me.
- 11/17/17: Final approval from NYS OSC
- Spring 2018: Vanguard phase begins
- May 2018: Vanguard data load
- Summer 2018: Vanguard phase ends
- July 2018: SUNY wide implementation begins/creation of the network zone
- Dec 2018: refine network zone / create institution zones
- July 2019: all campuses go live