Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
SUNY Old Westbury Library, Old Westbury, NY 11658
Business Insights: Essentials
Business, company and industry content covering the following: periodical and news articles; press releases; textual and financial company information; investment reports; brand information; market share data; industry overviews.
Business Source Complete
This database provides the leading collection of bibliographic and full-text content covering all disciplines of business, including marketing, management, MIS, POM, accounting, finance and economics. PDF backfiles for the most important scholarly business journals, trade publications and top management journals date back as far as 1886. In addition, this resource provides full-text non-journal content, including financial data, books, monographs, major reference works, case studies, industry & market research reports, company profiles, SWOT analyses and more.
CCH IntelliConnect (Tax Research Network)
Leading federal, state, and international accounting content including codes and cases.
First Time Users - CCH Intelliconnect (Tax Research Network)
First time users of CCH Intelliconnect (Tax Research Network) need to create an account log-in ID and password. For new CCH users, please click here first and then select "Create User ID" to get started.
A good source for business, financial, and legal related information.
A great source for financial data from publically traded companies
Access to the data contained in up to thirteen S&P publications offering in-depth company profiles, industry overviews, ratings and market information.
Google Scholar searches the Internet for scholarly sources, including peer-reviewed papers, articles, abstracts, books, and theses. It is helpful for tracking down or verifying partial citations.
Change Google Preferences on your computer to show links to Old Westbury Library resources within search results.
Journals And Trade Publications
- Accounting Horizons: Reviewed research manuscripts and commentary relevant to all aspects of the discipline of accounting, except education, based on the scholarship of discovery, of integration and of application for members of the American Accounting Association.
- Accounting, Organizations and Society: Concerned with the relationship between accounting and human behavior, organizational structures and processes, and the changing social and political environment of the enterprise.
- Accounting Review: Premier journal of articles reporting the results of accounting research and explaining and illustrating related research methodology; published for members of the American Accounting Association.
- International Journal of Accounting Focuses on accounting theory and practice from an international perspective.
- Journal of Accountancy: Articles, interviews, profiles, legislation and news of note on all aspects of accounting for members of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- Journal of Accounting and Economics: Encourages the application of economic theory to the explanation of accounting phenomena.
- Journal of Accounting Research: Publishes original research using analytical, empirical, experimental, and field study methods in all areas of accounting research.
- Journal of Business Finance & Accounting: Research based on theoretical or empirical analysis on business finance, financial theory, financial accounting and reporting, management accounting and control, and accountability and audit of performance for professionals in the field.Covers analysis relating to financial reporting, asset pricing, financial markets and institutions, market microstructure, corporate finance, corporate governance, and the economics of internal organization and management control.
- Review of Accounting Studies: Publishes academic research in accounting including theoretical, empirical, and experimental work.
- Accounting Today - Covers news from a variety of accounting firms. From accounting regulations, management issues and news emanating from large & small practitioners, regulatory agencies & vendors, in addition to a focus on the top growth niches & management strategies for today's progressive practices.
- CPA Journal - This is a monthly journal published by the New York Society of CPAs. Broadly recognized as an outstanding, technical-refereed publication for accounting practitioners, educators, and other financial professionals.
- CPA Letter - A monthly newsletter published by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, this resource is focuses on timely issues facing accountants.
- Practical Accountant - A pragmatic publication with a focus on public accounting.
- Practicing CPA - Focuses on the best accounting practices for CPAs.
Long Island Business News